All students should be aware of the following student visa requirements:
– You must be enrolled as a full-time student at all times (at least 20 hours per week).
– You must leave Australia when your studies are complete and/or when their visa expires.
– You must make satisfactory academic progress and meet attendance requirements (at least 80%).
– You must meet the costs of Overseas Student Health Cover to for the period of your enrolment.
– You must provide Chambers Institute with your address in Australia and a local telephone number on which you are able to be contacted.
– You cannot transfer to another institution within the first six (6) months of your arrival in Australia, or if your program is of less than six months duration, you must remain at Chambers Institute for the duration of their program. (The Department of Immigration and Citizenship/The College may approve in exceptional circumstances a transfer which does not meet this rule).
– You must ensure that any school-aged dependants accompanying you to Australia attend school. Students will be required to pay full school fees for dependants enrolled in either a government or non-government school.
Education of Accompanying Dependants
If you come to Australia as an overseas student on a student visa, you should be aware that you will be required to pay full fees for any of your school-aged dependants who accompany you and who are enrolled in either a government or non-government school in Australia.
Information about the enrolment and fees for temporary visa holders and dependants of overseas students may be obtained from:
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
35 Spring Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Phone: (+61) 1800 809 834 (local call)